Monday, November 17, 2008

The first train of thought

So today is my very first day writing my very first blog. Got to tell the truth, the inspiration came from Krisna Rosita-cong (and my student Kenneth as well), whose far-from-scrappy blog has flickered the idea of my having a blog. What’s the point of having this blog, I still don’t quite know; a little online journal to share silent thoughts and to inspire people, maybe? Haha, I over-rate myself. Perhaps it can be my means of publishing secret complaints – the ones I too reluctantly share verbally but WISH to be heard. *BOINK BOINK*

Today I woke up feeling thrilled over something that I JUST found out yesterday. Well, okay, let’s start from the beginning. I spent the whole Sunday with my boyfriend Egi, my only sister Amanda and her ‘so-called’ friend Oscar (who happens to be my bestfriend’s brother), going to an electronic expo in Senayan. It’s been a while I’d been suspicious about the relationship my sister has with this bloke Oscar – not that I’m saying I don’t approve him. On the contrary, I always encouraged her to go steady with him. Anyway, it was unbelievably crowded in the expo, and they were walking behind me. When I looked back, to my surprise – they were holding hands! And that’s it, it just made my day. I’m sure I grinned to Egi seeing that, and he threw me the ‘finally-you-notice-that’ look. Why I was so ecstatic, I’m not quite sure, but this Oscar and Amanda thing has been the topic of my chats with Johannes Leonardo (Oscar’s koko), and we always wondered how wonderful it would be if our siblings could be with each other. A wish coming true for me? Hopefully yes.

I’m trying not to be very nosy about whether or not they’re really together by restraining myself from my very nature - asking too much questions (anyway, they’re still in their 20s, and Amanda is going to Belgium later this December – so what’s the point of hoping too much, knowing the fact that even a seven-year relationship could break – just like that. You know whom I'm referring to? *grin*). Amanda still persists in her – ‘we’re-just-friends’ state. So let them be.

No comments:

Post a Comment